PU Leather Pros:
- PU doesn’t absorb water which makes it easy to clean.
- PU leather can be made into a variety of colours and styles.
- 100% PU leather is vegan friendly and environment conscious.
- Better for sustainability, because it uses fewer resources to make.
- Easy to maintain the look and appeal with our Leather Cream.
When shopping for leather products, it can be hard to determine the differences between real leather and artificial leather. Some people may be looking for genuine leather, while others may want to take the better looking and more colourful route and choose an artificial leather. PU leather is a common option for artificial leather. But what exactly is PU Leather?
PU leather, or polyurethane leather, is an artificial leather. 100% PU leather is completely artificial and is considered vegan. There are some types of PU leather called bicast leather that have actual leather but has a polyurethane coating on top. This type of PU Leather takes the fibrous part of cowhide that are leftover from making genuine leather and put a layer of polyurethane on top of it.
We take great pride on responsible resourcing and supply of our Leather products. Our commitment to the sustainability of our environment is a driving factor behind our leather choices.